Boosting Growth in Ostrobothnian Regions
Global Talent Connect – Targeted recruitment for the needs of the Vaasa region
Global Talent Connect (GTC) is a new concept and a recruiting event by University of Vaasa, Spouse Programme, Vaasa International Talents and Ostrobothnia TE Office. The goal of the event is all about bringing together talented internationals in the Vaasa region with local companies who need their skills and expertise either right now or in the near future. The event is tailor-made to meet the needs of the participating companies and the international professionals.
The concept was piloted at the Wasa Future Festival on August 8, 2023.
Most sessions of the event are only open for selected companies and international talents. Selected international talents have received confirmation by email.
The booth area at Wasa Innovation Center (1st floor) is open for all on August 8, between 10.30–12.00. Possibility to get acquainted with companies and service providers. No registration needed. Welcome!
Global Talent Connect is part of the Wasa Future Festival / International Day.
Practical information for selected participants
What is Global Talent Connect?
The goal of the Global Talent Connect (GTC) event is all about bringing together talented internationals in the Vaasa region with local companies who need their skills and expertise either right now or in the near future. The event is tailor-made to meet the needs of the participating companies and the international professionals – the focus is on the key aspect of successful recruitment: connecting people and building relationships.
GTC consists of two parts:
- preparatory workshop on Monday August 7, 2023 at 10–12
- recruiting event on Tuesday August 8, 2023, at 8.30–13
Both events will be organized at Wasa Innovation Center (WIC), address: Gerbyntie 16, Vaasa.
Selected participants are expected to participate in both events.
Preparatory workshop – program on Monday 7.8.
Preparatory workshop prepares participants to get the most out of the actual event on Tuesday. Lots of practical tips and tricks for encounters with company representatives will be shared in the workshop. We are expecting a lively discussion in the workshop. The latter part of the event is for private feed-back. If you wish to get comments on your CV or other application documents, or practice your pitch, feel free to stay till end.
When? Monday August 7, 2023 at 10–12
Where? Wasa Innovation Center (Gerbyntie 16, Vaasa)
Please use the main entrance. We will wait in the lobby and guide you to the workshop room.
10.00 Welcome words and practical information
10.15 Workshop: Getting ready for Global Talent Connect (Francis Oyeyiola)
- Know yourself < > know your counterpart
- Interview/pitch simulation
11.45 Time for questions, possibility for personal feedback, interview/pitch (coaches)
12.00 Event ends
The event offers coffee/tea and salty & sweet.
It is highly recommended to participate in the workshop. It will make your Tuesday go smoother, definitely!
GTC event – program on Tuesday 8.8.
When? Tuesday, August 8, 2023 at 8.30–13
Where? Wasa Innovation Center (Gerbyntie 16, Vaasa)
All pre-registered and selected participants turn up at the venue reception at the entrance. Participants get a name badge and more detailed information about group discussions upon arrival (schedule for 1:1 meetings will be published after group discussions). In addition, each participant receives a lunch coupon.
The event is divided into three parts:
- Booth area, 1st floor
- 15 minutes/group with one company and its representatives
- Informal discussion between international talents and company representatives
- Feel free to ask whatever you want to know about the company, recruitment procedure, what kind of expertise they are looking for, or what other requirement they have.
- Company booths will be open also when the 1:1 meetings are running, so feel free to pop up later
- 2nd floor (numbered tables)
- 10 minutes face-to-face meeting between a company representative and an international talent
- The preparatory workshop will help you in communicating your skills and talents to the company representatives
- Schedule will be released right after group discussions
- All selected participants and company representatives are welcome to the networking lunch in the Restaurant Bock's Corner (red wooden building next to WIC).
- Please show you lunch coupon at the restaurant entrance
- The seating in the networking lunch is made before-hand to maximize networking between participants and company representatives
Program for selected participants
8.30 Registration and breakfast
9.00 Welcome words and practical information
9.15 Group discussions (1st floor)
10.30 One-to-one discussions (2nd floor), possibility to meet service providers on the booth area (1st floor)
12.00–13.00 Networking lunch (Restaurant Bock’s Corner)
Global Talent Connect (preparatory workshop and main event) will be organized at Wasa Innovation Center (WIC), address: Gerbyntie 16, Vaasa.
Wasa Innovation Center is located about 3 km from the city center.
Please find location map and parking info here.
Free WiFi "WIC" is available in the venue.
Information about exhibitors
Employers attending the event:
- Arcteq Relays Ltd
- TK Engineering
Other service providers attending the event:
- SIMHE & Vaasa Spouse Programme (University of Vaasa)
- Linginno (University of Vaasa)
- Vaasa International Talents
- Welcome Office
- TE Services/Talent Coastline
GTC 8.8.2023 photos