Business Services in Uusimaa









Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Growth Channel service

  • The Growth Channel is a free expert service for companies provided by the Uusimaa TE Office.  We help growth-oriented companies to meet their business development needs and advise them on the ways forward that support their development. The Growth Channel can be of assistance, for example, when the company needs extra skilled labour, or when there are upcoming changes that will require new skills, or when the company needs funding for a development project. 

    If your company is growing or facing significant changes, or if you are looking for expert help with business development, the Growth Channel is the right place to visit. The expert services provided are aimed at entrepreneurs and companies and can help you move forward whatever your specific business development needs. You receive personal service from our experts, ensuring that you can move forward quickly according to your company’s particular needs. The Growth Channel’s experts can provide advice face-to-face, by telephone or via digital channels.  

  • You can contact an expert at the Uusimaa ELY Centre’s Growth Channel by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. You can also read more about the Uusimaa TE Office’s growth services on the website: Growth Channel services 

Change security

  • Change security is an operating model that enhances co-operation between the employer, employees and the TE administration. 

    1. From the employer's point of view, the most important thing to know is always to notify the TE Office of any change negotiations aimed at reducing the number of employees (change negotiations = co-operation negotiations on possible personnel reductions), which advises the TE Office in more detail. This may vary depending on the situation.  

    2. Notifications of change negotiations and free-form contacts can be sent to: muutosturva.uusimaa@te-toimisto.



  • The TE Office also advises and assists smaller companies that are excluded from the Act on Co-operation within Undertakings even though the obligations are lighter.

  • Just one notification is enough. The Change security team in Uusimaa at [email protected] will forward the information to our colleagues nationally if necessary. 

Immigration of entrepreneurs

  • Vastaus

  • You are a light entrepreneur if you employ yourself and act in an entrepreneurial manner. You offer services or sell products to your customers through a platform company (e.g. Foodora, Freska, Uber, Wolt). 

    As a freelancer or light entrepreneur, you need an entrepreneur's residence permit. Apply for an employee's residence permit only when you work in an employment relationship under management and supervision.

    For an entrepreneur's residence permit, you must have a business ID. If you are a private trader, i.e. a sole trader, a registered office in an EEA country is a prerequisite for obtaining a business ID.

    Learn more here


  • Vastaus

In Cooperation with

ely-updated 13.03.2024